Monday, April 16, 2018

New week! More Deco Divas freebie

Still on meds but vertigo almost gone and boy am I grateful! Thank you all for kind thoughts and wishes. I always seem to come down with something at the worst times. But I won't whine about what I need to do.

Kristi, I would love to send you some of our recent weather to replace that snow. The last couple days we have had temperatures in upper 70s. Last night there was a storm warning with some nearby areas being warned of possible tornadoes. We had hurricane strength winds here and crazy rain that sounded like sleet. It was coming down so hard and from every direction, or so it seemed, that I felt like I was lying in a cardboard box instead of a house. Today it's in 60s and cloudy and still windy but the inside of my house feels like it is 80 degrees. My husband just baked some Italian meatballs and that heat just isn't dissipating.

While we are talking about Kristi (you woundered why your ears were burning, didn't you?), she made a comment to which I want to respond with an offer. She said she liked that some of the elements in Deco Divas could be used for masculine layouts. Which made me think of a collaborative kit I suggested when I sold at Digi Style Designs. It was around the time that the new (Leonardo DiCapro) version of The Great Gatsby was starting in theatres. I suggested we do a Gatsby Glamour build a kit. I created a bunch of stuff for my stores, Sher Scraps 4 CU and Wonderland Scraps. In doing so, I thought about the main characters and made minis of things that suggested their personalities. Which means I have some masculine elements. The color for the build-a-kit were these:
As you can see, there is a lot of similarity to our present palette. Now I'm not certain how much of Gatsby Glamour I still have on this computer but if you would like, I can try to find the masculine elements.

Meanwhile, today we have:
More red and black.
Link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/byyd6qjhd5oniyg/ws_DecoDivas_12.zip?dl=0

2 comments:

KM said...

Sherry,

I'll take your weather! 2-6 more inches of the white stuff tomorrow. We still got out and walked the dog as we Minnesotans know how to move snow off the roads. After 56 hours of snow we are down to dry pavement. Last year my son and husband were already at the motocross track with weather in the 70's. I'll take this over humidity since I pretty much resemble the wicked witch of the west in her melting act when it is hot and humid outside.

Since I have all males in my family I would love to see your Gatsby Glamour kit. My boys are definitely not flower and butterfly kind of guys on page lay outs! ;) They get them anyway sometimes.

Stay strong and enjoy your meatballs. They sound yummy.

Kristy

Seymoure said...

Hi Sherry,
Happy to read you doing better. The masculine colors look awesome to go along with your deco theme kit. Am loving the entire collection as well as the information you have taken the time to investigate and relay to us. Thank you for all you have given us out here in digiland. Stay well!
Carlyn