Saturday, November 19, 2016

Saturday, holiday planning, and freebie

Short post. Had a nice early Thanksgiving dinner today with my husband's former co-workers at the Union Hall. Good food and nice people. Just got off phone with my son, clarifying holiday plans. Was a little worried that they were coming all the way from Pennsylvania to spend a few hours here then get back on the road to go to Richmond to see our new DIL's family and the family of dear friends who had hosted son's wedding in Nags Head in June. He grew up with the 3 boys, all of whom will be home for Christmas with their spouses. The parents have always treated my Jeremy as one of their own and are such wonderful people. Anyway, turns out my kids will be here about a day and a half with us, then whirlwind visits with the others before going home. So we will have an early Christmas dinner here. Just hearing my son's voice makes me feel so good!

Today I have some borders for Deco Dazzle:
In the zip is also the gray ribbon without decoration. To come I have a frame that goes with the fan border. The gold border inside is fine so is a little tricky to move. I recommend zooming in on it to be able to grab onto it. It's subtle but can dress up a page.
Link: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/57614067/2016%20freebies/DecoDazzle/ws_DecoDazzle_25.zip

Kristy asked if I would share my chili recipe and I will be happy to do so. A couple years back I scrapped some favorite recipes as 8" x 8" pages and made a recipe book for Jeremy's bride. Trying to put my hands on the chili page and should be able to post it tomorrow. Meanwhile, here is a seasonal recipe you might enjoy. My son loves this pumpkin bread which is very moist and likes to eat it for breakfast with cream cheese. I scrapped this particular page in haste that Christmas so not my best work.
Link: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/57614067/2016%20freebies/recipes/ws_pumpkin_bread.zip

One Christmas, in one of the stores (now defunct) that I co-owned, we did a collaborative Christmas freebie where each designer scrapped a favorite holiday recipe. It was a lot of fun and something you could try with your scrapping friends. Enjoy!

No comments: