Friday, September 28, 2007

Tricks N Treats - Halloween ATCs

Halloween ATCs are fun to make and send to friends. They are also great as party favors. Every year I host a Witches Tea for my neices and when I saw Jay's Tricks N Treats kit, it hit me that I could make Halloween ATCs as party favors. (The girls always have a goodie bag at their place setting at any of our teas.)


These ATCs were made from Tricks N Treats by Alabama Stone Thrower Creations (ASTC). The kit can be found at Tina Williams Designs store here:
http://tinawilliamsdesigns.com/scrap/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=704


After making a few ATCs, I decided I'd like envelopes for them so created a template which I'll share here. I roughly freehanded this in PSE 4.0 and used one of Jay's papers. (It looks much better really; my ink is running out.) When you print the envelope, you want to be sure to size it to 6.5" across and 5.25" down. This allows for a roomy envelope into which you can tuck your ATC, and something else small like stickers, or gum. The template laid flat is below.


To put together, fold in the long sides so that it looks llike this and glue or tape the seam.
Then fold up the bottom flap, and secure with glue or tape, like this:



This is the back view. Tuck in your ATC and treat, fold the flap in and watch the smiles.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is great!!! Nice job on your project!

Julie

Art Within Designs said...

Your ATCs are wonderful Sherry. I had a great time looking at your blog. Love all those different kits you have been featuring. Your LOs are terrific.