Monday, June 1, 2020

Re flower requests & family news

SO happy to hear that the astrantia fulfilled a wish. Mary requested 2 more flowers I wasn't familiar with: jade vine & black bat flower. I really like the color of the jade vine, which is also called dragon claws and have found some examples but it will be a challenge to extract, so expect it to take a while. The bat flower is described variously as a lily and an orchid. It goes by several names including black spider flower and cat whiskers - both alluding to all those long whiskery trailing parts. Another challenge to extract.

Meanwhile I've been working a little with a designer resource that features spunky little girls and hoped to get that to you this week. But yesterday I spoke with son and DIL and learned to DIL's older sister (I hardly knew her) died unexpectedly on Saturday and circumstances aren't completely known. Son & DIL live in Pennsylvania but her sister was here in Virginia. DIL will need to help her father with final arrangements. I've offered my services in any way so am in touch with them waiting to see what is to be done. Might mean a delay with blog but I'm sure you understand.

3 comments:

antonia carmen said...

Queen Mum white please

KM said...

So very sorry for the loss to your family. You are a generous soul to reach out and offer aid. Keeping your family in prayer.
-Kristy

Mary said...

Very sorry to hear of the loss. Very sad. I will be praying that your son and DIL will be able to travel safely and they find out the cause of the death. Not knowing can be debilitating. I will keep everyone in my prayers!!!

I love those flowers!! Tried to grow the bat flower. But I need a green house so I am getting one built when I can. Then I can grow veggies in the winter though I can and freeze a great deal. I do understand if unable to extract!!! But I had to try as my talent would NEVER come close and yours certainly can!!!