Thursday, June 18, 2020

Thank you!

Thank you for all the lovely responses to my posts. I truly enjoy hearing from you and I apologize for some comments not getting posted in a timely manner. Google almost always sends me an e-mail saying I've got comments and includes the text which I read and then post. I try to watch for those notices daily. However, it seems there were several comments I got no alert on. Since I'm usually notified, I fail to check to see if there are comments waiting. Will need to change that and check for myself.

Looks like we could all do with a bigger stash of elements and I can see to that need easily enough. Yesterday I got caught up in exploring a lot of old (1800- 1900s) ladies magazines. I love looking at the old needlework projects most of which come with little or no instruction. Ladies were just given a picture as inspiration and left to figure out the how-to by themselves. There are a lot of wonderful old embroidery designs. And wonderful black and white illustrations of fashions. I've collected a lot of stuff that I intend to turn into brushes, borders, and lace. I'm also experimenting with deeply textured backgrounds.

One technique that has come up in the progressive scrap challenges I do every month is something you ought to try. It is as simple as choosing 3 or 4 papers, layering them and using various blending modes on each layer to achieve a new look. Let me give you an example. Last month we were given a set of papers and told we could not change the colors only make changes by layering at least 3 and using blending modes. Here is the set preview along with the 3 papers I used.
Here is what I came up with. Used my Bohemian Boudoir kit.

1 comment:

KM said...

So much talent! You do beautiful work that you so generously share with the world. How wonderful for us! ;-)
Thank you,
Kristy