Tuesday, June 30, 2020

Best Laid Plans, Masks & Summer Heat & freebie

No, I didn't get a post together on Sunday as I'd hoped. Gastritis struck and I had to take it easy. Also got word that my shop at Magnolia Gardens Scrap will not open tomorrow. Their tech manager was switching them over to a new server. Not a big deal for me. Still having stomach pain today but found some liquid Mylanta (liquid - yuck) when I went to the store and also picked up some aloe vera juice. When I was in Georgia last year, my friend gave me some to drink when I was having stomach issues. Tastes nasty but it did help. Just got back from a run to the grocery store. Really can't say "run" any more since it now takes forever what with social distancing protocals. Forgot my face shield and had to use a mask I keep in the car. Makes it hard for me to breathe and causes me to overheat quickly. Getting through checkout (or just up to it!) was so slow I was on the point of pushing my cart over to the management desk and telling them to just re-shelve it. I had some ice cream and a few other cold foods in the cart that I was afraid would lose all coolness at the rate things were going, plus I was feeling wiped out. I'm normally reasonably patient but the current state of affairs wears me out.

Having some trouble getting together this Let's Go Fishing kit. Disclaimer: I do not fish. I don't even eat much fish because I don't like a strong taste. For me it's flounder fried Southern style, shrimp (although I have to be careful because of sensitivity to iodine) and Alaskan snow crab legs. (Had some snow crab legs with a salad last night. They usually run around $14- $18/pound around here but he happened on a sale of only $9/pound! He steamed them up, melted some butter and pulled out the Old Bay Seasoning, coleslaw for him and salad with Catalina dressing for me. Great summer meal!) To continue what I intended to say, I don't know the names of all the fish I will be including, and am not certain if some are fresh or salt water fish. It looks to me that what I have is a mix of fly fishing (love those colorful flies), fresh water fishing, and a little salt water fishing. That said, I do think of fishing as being more masculine than feminine and know we needed something masculine for a change. I hope you will find something useful here. You will also see some of my attempts to do more painterly work in a number of papers.

Link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/eo1bc9oimtvsyi6/ws_LetsGoFishing_1.zip?dl=0

3 comments:

tiscrea © - The Netherlands said...

Thank you for part 1 of this "fishy" set :-)

Seymoure said...

Hi Sherry,
Thank you for the "Let's Go Fishing" kit. This will be wonderful for some of my grandsons that like to fish. Now just have get some pics from them. Hope you are feeling better.

Mary said...

Hey Sherry,
I hope you are feeling better today!!! Love the kit!!! Very unique and fun!!! We do a lot of deep sea fishing since we live so close to the coast, so this is perfect. We do fresh water also but more fun with the deep sea fishing!!! Thank you so much for sharing!!!