Wednesday, June 17, 2020

What grabs you?

When you are browsing scrap store products, what grabs you first? I was just looking in Oscraps and stopped to think about this. For me, it is color. I love blues, greens, lavender, some shades of pink and soft yellow. Mostly cool colors which I find soothing. I also quickly notice architectural details, and images that evoke emotion. A title like "Becoming" will catch my eye. Since I rarely do traditional scrapbooking any more, I'm attracted to what I'll call art journal stuff - items that speak to emotion and thought. So I'm wondering, what do you gravitate to ? It would be great if you'd answer here on the blog because it would give me a better idea of what interests you and how our interests intersect.

3 comments:

tiscrea © - The Netherlands said...

What a pity my first comment yesterday hasn't been published. My remark about the heavens opening up looks a bit strange now :-)))

MomOnceAgain said...

I tend to build things. I will find the background paper that speaks to me first - color washes are a favorite. Then I go for the vintage flowers to go along with it and a bit of bling is always nice. Like you, I don't do much with paper anymore. What grabs my attention in digi kits are usually the same things, but in a different sequence - flowers, background papers, bling.

Lily said...

I love elements, and soft pastel colours, neutral tones, black, white - and papers with soft, abstract patterns.