Tuesday, June 5, 2018

More of Larkin's Dream freebie

Wrote this post last night but Google seemed to have devoured it. I was so upset but tired so decided to go on to bed, thinking I'd have to do it all over again today. But when I opened the blog to post, I found yesterday's post got saved as a draft. Anyway, worn out today, a little short of breath too. Saw NP at pulmonologist's office today to recheck after starting trial of new inhaler. I didn't really see any difference. So got samples of another today and have to go back in two weeks. Left heel is killing me. Bone spur? bruised it somehow? don't know as it looks okay but hurts to stand or walk on.

Going to try going to just posting on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays. I got in bad habit of spending too much time on computer while Dad was ailing. I was so exhausted emotionally, mentally and physically, just sitting at computer was about all I felt like doing. Not good. Now I'm working on making some life style changes. 3x/week for pool exercise, trying bullet journaling (which so far has just been using it as an agenda), taking a Sara Wiseman course, "Messages From The Divine," trying to get into a routine with housework, exploring some vintage embroidery designs from the 20s to perhaps use in crazy quilting. I'm after getting my strength and endurance up, improving my lung capacity and oxygen diffusion, nurturing my spirit, nurturing my creativity, getting house clean and in order. (Yes, I did notice the order I put that in. What can I say?) Want to have more contact with friends and family. Want to get back to some dedicated writing time. I also have been thinking about what I might do while sitting with hubby to watch TV in evenings. Too warm now to start another crochet project so I'm thinking about embroidering some patches of fabric to be used in crazy quilt blocks. It's been a long time since I've done that.


[Monday 6/4] Went back to the pool today. Walked in various ways (forward, backward, crab walk, march, etc.) around pool enough times to equal a quarter mile before doing the usual exercises. Up to 15 reps now. Might have overdone it a little as I have discomfort and tightness in left shoulder and upper back. Will apply heat wrap after dinner.

Here is today's Larkin's Dream

Mimi (the pink fairy) joins them. "How about a snow cone or a popsicle?" she asks. "No, thank you. I don't want anything cold." They decide to walk on a little. In the distance, Larkin sees another adult unicorn.
Link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/xlhy8y5nhy4vjni/ws_LarkinsDream_10.zip?dl=0

No comments: