Thursday, July 20, 2017

So much for planning & freebie

We are experiencing some high heat and humidity here and I am trying to stay indoors as much as possible. Today wasn't a good day. Early on had a vague headache I attributed to sinuses and weather. Just puttered around, not really doing much. Mail did not bring refund from Lake Taylor Hospital, nor check from insurance company, or even notice that the surrender form for annuity was received. Just mortgage bill and gas bill.

Got a call from nursing home telling me that Dad wasn't feeling well. The nurse said she knew we were to take him about his hearing aid but every time she tried to get him up and dressed, he complained he was too tired and cold. He keeps the room fairly hot and bundles up. She said he was cold and pale and she had called in the doctor. More labs were taken on STAT request. I called and cancelled audiology appointment.

Vague headache began to move into migraine. I'd tried to get a refill of Maxalt (med for migraine) yesterday and was told it had to be ordered. So I just went to bed. While I was down, nurse called again and told hubby they were still waiting on labs. Dad hadn't wanted lunch but she persuaded him to eat some soup, telling him it might help him warm up. She mentioned something about an abnormality in the labs related to his heart that they are following up. They will keep me informed.

Meanwhile, hubby had gone for groceries and made barbeque so we had that for dinner. After dinner I finished Black Notice by Patricia Cornwell and came in to computer to do day 3 of the meditation challenge hosted by Deepak Chopra and Oprah Winfrey. I'm a day behind but if tomorrow goes well, I can do day 4 in the morning and day 5 in the evening. It has been helping with relaxation.

Now here is today's zip:
Again, the "background" is actually an overlay.
Link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/1gn61dq3rsoqwtl/ws_LittleSailors_21.zip?dl=0

No comments: