Monday, August 1, 2016

Weather, food, freebie

What a severe thunderstorm we had yesterday afternoon/evening! My father was visiting and he was just about to leave to go home when the skies opened up. Talk about a heavy downpour. It went on and on, not letting up for a couple hours with lightening everywhere. A leak developed in the master bathroom. Oddly enough, the drip was coming through the exhaust fan. My husband offered to drive Dad home in the truck because roads were badly flooded. When the storm finally slacked up, Dad insisted on driving himself home. He called to let us know he made it safely and told us about flooded areas he saw. Then today I saw the terrible flooding in MD. Wow - what destruction. We were lucky.

Today we have been cooking together. My husband decided to try creating a dry rub for baby back ribs. I made potato salad and when the ribs were ready we added fresh corn on the cob. What a feast! John's ribs were a big hit. So much so that I told him I don't want short ribs in the crock pot any more; I want these!

I do have another Beach Weather zip for you today:
Link: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/57614067/2016%20freebies/BeachWeather/ws_BeachWeather_11.zip
BTW I finished M. J. Roses's new book on Thursday and can't wait until she does another in the series!

No comments: