Monday, March 30, 2015

Journal card freebie

Would you believe - we actually had a snow flurry on Saturday and it was in 30s Sunday. Where is Spring? Still watching NCAA tournament. No more Virginia teams left and only one North Carolina team, Duke who I usually cheer for unless they are playing UNC Chapel Hill. We're headed for the Final Four, then it's back to regular TV lol. Scheduling just a little something for today because the left hip/lower back problem I've been fighting since January is much worse & I won't be spending a lot of time in PC chair. Thought at first it was a fibro flare-up and treated it accordingly. It got somewhat better, returned, improved etc. With the ice and snow of February, I decided it probably had an arthritic component since everyone I know my age and above was having problems. Did the usual stuff for that and again there were good days and bad days. For over a week now it's been so much worse with pain radiating down my leg - at first to thigh and eventually all the way to foot. Nothing makes a difference. Finally I remembered a time I had a pinched nerve and the pain was much like this. Nothing I can do on my own for that so called to make appointment with my doctor. Wouldn't you know? he's out of office until Monday. I suspect when I see him, he will put me on a course of prednisone. We will see. Meanwhile, I do have a couple journal cards for you. The first is very simple and only says "Today." You could use it for a to-do list, to make note of things at are bothering you that day, just about anything. The second card is one that asks you to think of something you should do, something you've been putting off. Could be as simple as cleaning out the freezer, or something more personal like giving up smoking. My thoughts are to use this to record that something you need to do and make some brief notes about how you plan to achieve it. We all know it does no good to say, "I need to lose weight" (for instance) and not figure out how you intend to do it. Put your plan in writing and you will feel more committed. Send a copy to a friend who is very supportive of you and you will feel even more committed to your plan because you know she will ask you how it's going.
http://www.4shared.com/zip/h6RhOSy4ba/SherryD_JournalCards_1718.html? Are you making anything with Bohemian Boudoir? I'd love to see what you've done.

1 comment:

Stacey said...

thanks for the beautiful journal cards! My hubby is on day 12 of his quitting smoking, still doing ecigs, but better than regular cigs. if he is still going strong on the 10th of Apr, then my sister will buy me my own ecig set-up and I'll try to quit too. that's the plan. I do hope the doctor can help with the pain. hope your figures out how to relieve it. Plus warmer weather should be on the way soon, we're way to hope already in the 90's not ready for it at all!