Thursday, August 24, 2017

Saturday again and it's hat day for freebie time

Just came back from visiting Dad and need de-stress time. He wasn't wearing his hearing aid and when I found it, it wasn't working. We spent most of an hour or more trying to figure out what was wrong. His coordination is poor and he seems confused. Kept trying to tell me he has two hearing aids there and searched for the second. Hasn't had hearing in his left ear for several years but apparently he doesn't remember. Also kept trying to fit the right hearing aid in the left ear. Replacing the battery, cleaning the wax trap - all were agonizing. We did finally get it working, just after dinner arrived. I set up his tray and he began to complain about the meal. Told me to stop by McDonald's before I come next time and bring him something good to eat. He knows he can't have that stuff. I tried to brush it off lightly , kissed him, said "I love you" etc. so I could head home for dinner. And suddenly, he was able to make the clearest statement of the day, delivered in an ugly tone: "Go ahead and hurry out so we don't have to talk about it!" [Sigh] He's old and ill and I need to have more patience and not let this stuff bother me. I know I am doing all I can but still, I feel awful.

Today we have some hats to top off our outfits.
Link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/r6cfiruqy8wbj7e/ws_ShoppingTherapy_29.zip?dl=0

Hope you are having a nice weekend.

1 comment:

Scarette said...

I LOVE these beautiful hats! Thank you!