Friday, August 18, 2017

What's happening here and zip 22 of Shopping Therapy

Good news and bad news here. My brother is struggling with pain and hopelessness. His wife is still away helping out their son with grandchildren and I am worried about Thom being there alone with all he is going through. Wish he wasn't so far away! My shingles outbreak kept me awake a lot last night with intense itching. Once I woke up, it was more like deep pain in lower back and right hip - some of which could also be fibro flare. In good news, we sold Dad's car! I've got to double check for any personal items then go to DMV with the man who is buying it for his daughter. Another step out of the way. And, while doing some filing, I found the two books of stamps I bought a couple weeks ago and misplaced.

Nice to hear that you think the color swatch for baby kit is good. I know it and the theme, Boho Baby, won't please everyone but I wanted to do something a little different. When I sold kits in a number of stores, most had collaboration kits with designers required or expected to participate anywhere from every month to a few a year. Most of the time there were predictable themes and color swatches. I grew bored with having to crank out another Back to School, or Halloween or Valentines Day kit. I thought about baby something for September just because I haven't done a baby kit in ages . Have already made a number of templates to create elements.

Today more of Shopping Therapy:
This one is a mix, one gradient paper and some elements.
Link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/o9zc3idgv57kr03/ws_ShoppingTherapy_22.zip?dl=0

4 comments:

D said...

Mix hemorrhoid cream & lotion to apply to itchy areas. I found that L-Lysene supplements head off &/or ease shingle flare-ups.

Anonymous said...

My comment for the upcoming baby soho will be very welcome here. My third great grandchild will be born in Jan. of 2018 if all goes well, and ultrasound told all us anxious in the family that it will be a little girl--the first two great grandchildren are boys.

About your shingles, I have had shingles and most people only get them once and very rarely twice from what I have been told. My dr. told me that on day 3 when I saw him that one should never wait to see the dr. for meds and I believe him wholly after all that I went through. Asperin, Tylenol, etc. won't take care of it and it will only get worse, so I'm hoping you will contact your dr. My prayers are with you.

Bernie

SherryD said...

Bernie, I hope some of the baby kit will be useful to you then.
Yes, it is unusual to have shingles more than once but my brother and I both have had them multiple times. Dermatologist thinks we must have a weak link in our immune system. Both of us keep an antiviral on hand which at least shortens the course but that makes me so tired. I'm luckier than Thom is because he had extensive spread and has nerve damage. I only get a few (large) blistered areas, always same area along my spine and right on nerve that runs through right hip and down leg. Worst part is the sciatic pain; feels like someone took a baseball bat to me.

SherryD said...

Thanks for suggestion, D. My brother and I have also found that applying lidocaine patches (prescribed for our other pain issues) help a lot when applies at first notice. I imagine that even OTC lidocaine gel would be helpful as anything that reduces the itching and pain is a plus. A pharmacist also recommended using Ivarest (similar to calamine lotion) would help to dry up the blisters when it gets to that stage. So far this batch hasn't produced the blister stage, just big whelps which I hope will go ahead and reduce and disappear. Well, can't blame a woman for hoping ;)