Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Paperwork day - tons of it & freebie

Tuesday night, sometime after 2 a.m., while I was sitting at computer catching up on mail and nice and drowsy, there was a horrific bang! My first thought was that someone had hit one of our vehicles again and I worried that it might be Dad's which is not officially "garaged" here according to his insurance. I ran to door in my pjs and looked out but our vehicles seemed to be in usual places, not moved by collision. My husband had been sleeping in his recliner and the noise woke him up too. He stepped out on the porch and looked up and down the street. A couple houses away, we could see smoke rising from an auto accident. I called 911 to report it while he added to ask for an ambulance because he could see that the front end of one car was demolished and there were sure to be serious injuries if not a death. Indeed when the police, fire department and ambulances arrived, it took hours to sort everything out. It was around 5 a.m or later before I drifted off to sleep with flashing lights still outside my windows. Police interviewed my husband and neighbors trying to determine what happened because the cars met head on. It looked like a woman in her late 30s was driving up the wrong side of the road (4 lanes with median between!) and collided with a man in his 20s. Never heard any sound of swerving or braking etc. The woman died on scene and the man died later in the hospital. Local news came out this morning and interviewed my husband and another neighbor and both were on news yesterday afternoon.

After the excitement of Wednesday morning, I lounged around with back and hip pain from shingles outbreak that had started up on Monday. Slept when I could and did little else except pay bills. Lots of paperwork to catch up for Dad today.

I'm wondering if by now you are getting tired of Shopping Therapy? I've got enough to stretch it out to the end of the month, including a number of pieces of word art. Have been thinking about next kit and I'm pretty sure it will be a baby one. But I'm tired of the usual blue and pink and even yellow and green. I know modern babies are often dressed in bright colors but I'm old fashioned and still prefer to see infants in pastels. There are, of course, other pastels that can be used and I've been giving that some thought trying to come up with a swatch. Thought about lavender, peach, mint, turquoise but can't get a good combination so far. Also, since the Bohemian or Boho look is popular, have been entertaining the idea of Boho Baby. At least maybe some Boho designs in pastels but nothing crazy in clothing and accessories. Babies are babies. Any thoughts? You are welcome to suggest color swatches, if you'd like.

Today we have:
Link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ewk5fd38zsxd41e/ws_ShoppingTherapy_21.zip?dl=0

Oops, was supposed to schedule that for Thursday -oh well.

No comments: