Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Day out and freebie

Today I took time off from Dad matters to spend time with my husband. We went to see Tom Cruise's movie American Made. It was enjoyable. Afterwards we picked up some pepperoni bread at Glory's Bakery. Today my brother started tackling Dad's garage. Dad used to be so fastidious about it, everything in it's place and he hasn't been working in the garage for some time now due to health issues so I would have expected it to be mostly orderly. Not so. My brother said he brought in a shovel to clear the floor! He has been sorting out hand tools and power tools etc. all day. We talked about having a yard sale of the tool stuff he doesn't want. Tomorrow I will go back over, finish going through remaining photos, discuss yard sale idea, and do some more sorting and moving. Have a bunch of stuff ready to be loaded into my car and taken to Salvation Army. Just a few minutes ago the nursing home called to tell me Dad saw doc this morning because he is congested. He always has sinus trouble this time of year so that may be all there is to it but they are putting him on a decongestant for 2 weeks and doing nebulizer treatments. A chest x-ray will be taken in the morning to make sure nothing else is going on.

Tody we get away from purple and pick up some pumpkins in Halloween 2017:
The double frame was cut from vintage party plates. I think it works.
Link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/x65fohpfgw43mha/ws_Halloween-16.zip?dl=0

1 comment:

KM said...

Thanks Sherry!
Glad you are feeling well enough to work at your dad's house. I've never had a yard/garage/estate sale so if you do have one post about it. I'd be interested to hear what worked.
Hope all goes well with your dad's treatment.

Kristy