Monday, October 2, 2017

Sunday afternoon - just talking

I'm really sorry about yesterday's post not publishing on time. And because I was thinking 30 days hath September when I started putting Boho Baby together, I've got 30 zips. Didn't think to take out the Sundays I don't post. Anyway, 4 more zips - just elements. I think 46 papers is more than enough, don't you? As for October, I've got discovered a stash of items I'd been putting together for a Halloween pack sometime before I stopped selling. So, it looks like you will get a Halloween kit after all. I know some of you may not celebrate Halloween and I understand that. However, before you tune me out, let me tell you two things: 1) I don't do gory; 2) I don't do Satanic. Now there might be some witches but as in those who practice an old nature religion, not devil worship. Oh, there might be some minor scary like skeletons. Not a problem, I hope. Anyway, there should be some solids, bows, and accents you could also use for autumn pages.

Have any of you gotten into this big trend of Red Copper cookware? When it started, I thought, big deal, probably a lot of hype. Sure, I know copper conducts heat well & I've had pans with copper bottoms (I still keep a tea kettle with copper bottom) but what a pain to keep clean. Before my father became so ill, he became impressed with the commercials and bought a small red copper frying panto make grilled sandwiches. But he never got around to prepping the pan. One day while over at his house picking up mail, I thought about the pan and decided to take it home and try it out. My husband cooked breakfast in it and was so impressed, it became the only skillet he'd use. Then he saw an ad for a big square pan with rack and fryer basket etc. He has been wanting a large pan with metal handles he can put in the oven, so he went out and bought one. It's been getting a lot of use. I've been doing french fries in the oven for some time, trying to cut back on frying, and began eyeing the copper crisper thing. Bought one today and will try it out in a day or so. In short, we're in on the copper cookware thing and would recommend it to anyone.

No comments: