Monday, February 2, 2015

Insurance woes, collage challenge page, freebie

After closing my shops at Digi Style Design, I am on a break to explore new things, catch up on chores, yada yada. I will still be posting digital scrapbook/ATC/collage freebies on this blog from time to time. I hope to post at least one item a week, maybe more, depending on how things are going. Today was rainy but warmer than it has been. Yet, they say we will having dropping temps and possibiliy snow in next day or two. Sure, whatever. Meanwhile, I'm getting conflicting info from my new health insurance company, Humana, and their mail order pharmacy area, Right Source RX. I've been taking Januvia for some years and last month they paid for it but then Human sent me a letter saying I would have to try another drug first so contact my doctor. At the same time, Right Source was supposed to be working with my doctors to get records for all my routine monthly meds and set them up for 3 month mail order which is cheaper. I told Right Source what Humana had said about Januvia, explained I'd tell doc about it and see what he wanted me to do. Doc gave me a RX for glucontrol to replace the Januvia. It's been around longer so no doubt costs less. The day after doctor visit, before I could mail out that prescription, I get call from Right Source to confirm some info and advise me of which prescriptions had been filled and were on way out. I'm told Januvia is on the way! I discuss the letter I got from Humana and am told the order went through and $125.00 has been billed to my credit card. Girl says,there must have been a change and looks up the glucontrol to see if it would be less expensive. It's more expensive she says! Okay, the 3 month supply charge for Januvia is about what I'd been paying previously in co-pays so this is fine. Today, the Januvia order arrives. The ticket enclosed says the pre-insurance price is about $995 for 3 months but I was mailed co-pay of $125. Then I open a separate letter from Right Source which says Januvia is either not covered by my insurance or requires authorization and they are working with Humana to resolve the problem and will get back to me. Does this mean I might get billed the difference? I call Humana. Their automated system is a pain and all I get is a recording telling me what tier of charges Januvia is on and that a "Stage" is involved and I'm at stage 2. Useless! Not wanting to stay on phone forever, I go to the website which is supposed tohave a secure communications center. I'm able to get to the form you use to send secure e-mail but unab;e to type into it. They suggest if it doesn't work, then call (right!) or go to Facebook page. So I go to FB and message them about how frustrated I am and request someone respond to my questions by e-mail. Not happy! First, I lost my rheumatologist because she doesn't take Humana or self-pays, now getting prescriptions is a pain!
Changing subject. I came across a blog called collage obsession and saw that they do a weekly (?) collage challenge. Didn't like the current one but the one before it was a challenge to create a page using the Pantone color of 2015 which is marsala. Even though that challenge had closed, I created the above page for my art journal. I am currently working on a kit, whch I will offer for free here, based on a color swatch from Stacey. THe working name of the kit is Bohemian Boudoir. To give you a tast of what is to come, I'm posting a small cluster for your personal use.
You can get it here: http://www.4shared.com/zip/zddK1tQTce/ws_BohemianBoudoir_gypsy_heart.html?

1 comment:

Stacey said...

I love the name and the cluster! looking forward to it. I'm so sick of those customer service lines wher e you can't reach anyone. so frustrating. I hope you get it sorted soon. ours is the same way - jumping thru all kind of hoops to get anything.