Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Bohemian Boudor freebie

Imagine you are a young lady with Bohemian tastes and a love of jewel tones. Painting your bedroom one color is just too ordinary Why not paint each wall a different color? I wanted to put silver stars on her ceiling but couldn't get the perspective to look right. Here is a room view then with furniture to slowly follow.
http://www.4shared.com/zip/iFTdHh_Nce/ws_BohemianBoudoir_paper_6.html? I tried downloading the first journal card direct from blog and it wasn't 3" x 4" because it gets converted to 72 dpi. So, I've zipped the first card with the new one I'm giving today. Didn't bother to add my TOU. These are personal use only. Here's the new journal card:
http://www.4shared.com/zip/cR-Kxztfce/SherryD_journalcards_12.html? We got 6" of snow the other day and more is expected tonight but less than an inch. However, the temperatures are dropping into single digits with it expected to go to -2 degrees! Even more unbelievable is that the forcast says temperatures may be up to 60 on Sunday! Being stuck in the house . . . nah, won't make an excuse. Sometimes I just like to surf on ebay and see what's available. So I was doing that the other day and came across something I really wanted. We all have certain images we tend to gravitate to, certain things we like, certain colors. You might even say (some do) that we all have personal symbols. Sometimes their meaning to us is pretty much standard - that is, widely recognized - and sometimes their meaning is more personal. I've been exploring this a little, thinking about what my personal symbols might be and one that I've been drawn to as long as I can remember is hands. My symbolic meaning is that hands remind me of friendship and affection. They also make me think of honesty and integrity as in a handshake to close a deal or a promise. And certainly, of creativity and the things we make with our hands. I love the symbolism of the Irish Claddaugh with it's hands, heart & crown; the hands mean friendship there. There is also the use of a stylized hand to represent the hand of God (think of Michelangelo's Sistene chapel & the Hamsa Hand in Jewish tradition). If you watched or read Game of Thrones, you know that the hand was also a symbol of power, as in The King's Hand who was a person of great authority and who wore (at least in the novel) a necklace of golden hands to denote his office. If you go looking for recognized symbolic meanings, you will also find that the hand is the part of the body most often represented symbolically. If you are curious about hand symbolism, here are 2 interesting links which mention some meanings I was unaware of: http://www.ornotmagazine.com/project/symbolism-hands-from-gargas-to-elsa-schiaparelli/ http://www.whats-your-sign.com/symbolic-hand-meaning.html All this to tell you that I spotted a vintage sterling silver bracelet of hands on ebay, bid on it and won it. I won at a price higher than I wanted to pay but actually reasonable and I am eagerly awaiting it's arrival.

1 comment:

Stacey said...

These are so great! thanks so much! Glad you won the bracelet! it's very pretty. My sister's symbol is the honu (hawn turtle) I don't really have one, although being a Leo, I have collected several lions. Hope you warm up quickly. need to run, we're bbq'ing - in the 70s here.