Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Tuesday of baby hugs, thrift store shopping and a freebie

I took some time for myself today. Went for a visit with my friend, Mary Boykin and her husband, Gregg. Mary was babysitting their great-grandson, Issac who is a sweetheart. He is just the happiest and cutest little man. I enjoyed getting some hugs from Issac. Love babies and this one is a charmer. Here is a photo I snagged from Mary's FB page:
Issac lifted my spirits.

After I left there I stopped in at 2 nearby thrift stores. Had some luck too. I found an 8th teacup and saucer for our Halloween tea. The plan is to give everyone the tea cup they use as a party favor. I bought some Halloween goodie bags at Dollar Tree so that at the end we will rinse the teacups, wrap in paper towels and bag them up. The plan has changed a little in terms of location. We won't be on the houseboat this time but in the historic log cabin. I also found a cute black skirt that has a chiffon layer with flippy little pleats every so often at the bottom. Hope it fits as it would be great to wear with the sparkly red top Mary loaned me for the birthday celebration dinner at the convention. Assuming we aren't all blown away by Hurricane Matthew, that is.

Not looking good at present. Dad has asked me to gas up his Buick tomorrow when I go over, worried about the storm. Of course, I'm wondering just where he thinks we are going to let him drive off to in bad weather when we aren't letting him drive now. Didn't go over today, just talked to him on the phone and he said he was feeling a little better. Besides putting gas in his car tomorrow and picking up his prescription, he said he might want to go to lunch at Lew's Hotdogs. We will see. Meanwhile I got some of my laundry done and hope to do a few more things here over next day or two. Thursday and Friday Dad has doctor appointments. Saturday is best guess right now for storm to hit us.

And today we have the last zip of Grandmother's House:
Link: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/57614067/2016%20freebies/GH/ws_GH_24.zip
Thank you for the nice comments on this.

No comments: