Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Yellow in Art Nouveau freebie

Saw the endodontist this morning. Really like this doctor. He put me at ease immediately and just seems like a warm caring person. What I learned: last year around this time I had an abcess above the tooth in question. It was treated with antibiotics but it appears that the nerve is dying and so there is continual irritation at the root tip, with infection draining away down at the gum. One of two things are going to happen and we won't know which until the crown is drilled for the root canal. Dr Mayo says sometimes when a tooth has been cracked, a crown holds it together (as this one has for about twenty years) and a root canal can save the tooth. However, sometimes the tooth eventually continues to crack and if that is what he finds when he drills in for the root canal, then I am going to lose the tooth. Fingers crossed that he can save it. Part one is next Monday.

Today we add in some yellow to our mixed kit.
Link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/tzvpk7psa41bk12/ws_AN_5.zip?dl=0
Several of you have comented about what the overall effect of this collection will be. I'll be honest and say I don't really know. That is, I don't have everything complete at this point; I've only completed through this week and each zip is based around one color. Still, since art nouveau used lots of colors in various combinations, I think most of these pieces should work well together.

A couple of journal pages I made last week. The first was for a challenge over at Oscraps about a word or theme for 2019 and used only Vicki Robinson's kit "Change."
This one was made with A & K Art's new lit, "Enigmatic."

And this one was for a Junk Box challenge with theme of spots for Just Art:

Freezing cold her yesterday and today. Went into garage to get clothes from the dryer yesterday afternoon and when I came up, I started coughing so hard I could hardly catch my breath. That went on all night despite using inhaler and taking elderberry syrup. Started again this morning when we walked out the door so I tried not to talk on way to endodontist. Hasn't been too bad since but I'm going to take some more syrup now and lie down for a nap. Hope you are warm and safe where you are and that your week is going well.

Hugs,
SherryD

2 comments:

antonia carmen said...

love you kit this month and you journal cards are way cool

RB said...

Thanks Sherry For The Cheery Yellow, Love The Lady, Hope You Have A Great Day Hugs:)x