Thursday, January 31, 2019

Frosty USA & freebie to go with Art Nouveau

Compared to many places in the US, we are lucky here in Norfolk, VA. Temperatures did drop last night but our present temp is in upper twenties and with wind chill feels like 24 degrees. I'm not going to complain as some of you have such low temps we are seeing reports of ice inside houses! I'm sure staying in with just our temps because the cold causes my lungs to seize up. My freezing friends, I am praying for you to stay safe and sending you warm hugs.

For our art Nouveau collection, I've done something I rarely do. I'm usually not one for doing an element and then just recoloring it over and over. And I don't really think of ribbons and bows much when I think of Art Nouveau. Some ribbon streamers from floral hair wreaths, maybe. However, I know most people like to have ribbons and bows with a scrapbook kit. So today's zip contains flowing ribbons in all the main colors used so far. There are a number of things you can do with these, including making a border, like the example I included, or downsizing and putting the ribbons together to make a simple frame that could be embellished with various things. Next post you will get matching bows.
Link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/wv4mbnuwt9gm4cj/ws_AN_9.zip?dl=0

I have a question for you and I'd like you to respond here on blog, please. How much art nouveau do you want? I ask because while making up the previous zips I discovered in my files a bunch of art nouveau papers and overlays etc. I had put aside to go into products for a store I used to sell in. Never got around to finishing them up and packaging so they are just sitting there waiting to be used. I'm hesitant to overwhelm you with too much of same theme, but . . .

5 comments:

Scarette said...

It is VERY cold here in Michigan! Everything is shut down. No mail delivery, no school. At midnight, everyone received an Emergency message on their cell phones from Governor Whitmer asking everyone keep their thermostats at 65. Just a wee bit scary!

Edeltraud said...

Hello! Thank you so much for your generosity. Everyday I check your blog for your beautiful freebies! I would be very happy if there were more art nouveau freebies!

KM said...

The first Polar Vortex has moved East. Round two starts next week. And, yes there is ice inside our home. It is a newer house we built 14 years ago so it is well insulated, however, the oak front door has ice inside around the panels and ice covering the stikeplate and hinges. I am mopping up water from windowsills as the ice melts from the windows. The good news is businesses, school and mail service has been restored/reopened here in MN. We recorded the lowest temperatures in the nation, recognition I'd prefer we didn't earn!

I am a theme scrapper and therefore can never have enough digital elements and papers to choose from to complete a book. Thank you for the plethora to choose from to be sure a theme is carried throughout my books.

Kristy

RB said...

Hi Sherry, Hope Your O.K & Not Got Snow Like We Have(No Where Near Anything Like America!YIKES)Those Poor People.You Can Never Have To Much In Nouveau Its Just Extravagence Itself!.I For One Would Appreciate Them Please,The more The Merrier & Seems A Shame To Let Your Creativity Go To Waste!Such A Great Kit Thank You So Much For Creating & Sharing.Hugs:)x

MomOnceAgain said...

We were very cold in Southern Indiana, but nothing like my relatives in Wisconsin and Minnesota had to endure! I vote with the others to bring on the Art Nouveau as long as you have it. I'm enjoying everything so far!