Sunday, October 4, 2015

Hurricane News & small Freebie

I hear that weather forecasters now think Hurricane Joachim will miss my area. Good news. Meanwhile, we are soaked! It's been raining for days and there is minor flooding all around. The barometric pressure has been driving those of us with sinus problems, migraines, arthritis and other ailments crazy. So glad neurologists finally acknowledged that barometeric pressure does effect health! For me, it's been sinus problems over last couple days and this morning I woke with a migraine. So much for going to get my contact lens fitted. Fortunately, they were real understanding about me needing to reschedule. Headache finally gone so thought I'd check in and offer a little something I've been playing with off and on over last few days. I've had these public domain images in my Halloween resource folder for ages. The one of the two costuned kids was from an old, torn out page of a magazine, or maybe someone's scrapbook. Both images were in bad shape. The drummer had part of his leg missing and both images had worn, torn spots. I worked on each separately, filling in blank spots, smoothing, etc. These are kind of cute and I didn't want to lose either so decided to combine the two like a grouping. I think it's useable. The witch was a different thing. McLeod Coffee used to issue paper dolls premiums. I had one of their dolls but not the one meant for the witch outfit which originally was badly printed in a sickly green and yellow. I played with cleaning up the costume and re-coloring it and "borrowed" the head from the paper doll. It's not the best but maybe someone can use it?
Didn't include any TOU since these were public domain to begin with and you are just getting my version. http://www.4shared.com/zip/ulrjISzXce/ws_vintage_halloween-_figures.html?
Did you know it's Banned Books Week? As a voracious reader and a writer, I can't go away without mentioning it. Check out this list of 13 important novels from offtheshelf.com http://offtheshelf.com/2015/10/13-important-stories-to-celebrate-banned-books-week/ How many of these have you read? Which ones haven't you read but want to read? I was surprised to learn I've only read 8 of these. So I need and want to read, The Glass Castle: A Memoir by Jeannette Walls, In Cold Blood by Truman Capote (I know a lot about this one, but never got around to reading it), The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot, Friday Night Lights: A Town, A Team, And A Dream by H.G. Bissinger (football - yuck - tough read for me), and Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson. ***This ws written on Friday and I thought I'd published then oops!

No comments: