Monday, December 11, 2017

New Week _ new freebie -- Mistletoe Miss begins

What are you reading now? Curious minds want to know. Over the weekend I've been reading The Code Of The Extraordinary Mind by Vishen Lakhiani
https://www.amazon.com/Code-Extraordinary-Mind-Unconventional-Redefine-ebook/dp/B0182SMOBE/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1512953197&sr=1-1&keywords=code+of+the+extraordinary+mind
I also cleared out more papers from my father's house and prepared a folder to give to whoever buys it. My parents saved information on every improvement they made such as new windows, fireplace, siding, new furnace and air conditioner and so on. Useful information should the new owners need repairs or want to update any of those things. Managed to get a few boxes out of the living room and cleaned out and re-organized the pantry. The freezer is next. Tomorrow the primary task is to get this stack of papers over to the lawyer's office as back up for the Medicaid application. One important thing I've taken away from Lakhiani's book is to focus on End Goals rather than Means Goals. As he explains, a Means Goal almost always includes the word "so." Such as Having a goal to finish a college education so you will be able to get a good job. Ask yourself why getting a good job is important and you are likely to say something like So I can afford a nice lifestyle. And why do you want that? What's your End Goal? Maybe it is to wake up each morning free of anxiety over how you will pay the rent and eat. End Goal: anxiety free. That's a poor explanation on my part but I hope you get the idea. One of my End Goals right now is peace of mind in regard to my father. Focusing on that End Goal, I can see steps I need to take to get there such as provide back up for his Medicaid application, schedule a quarterly treatment plan with his caregivers, and so on.

But enough about me. Today we start the next Christmas kit, Mistletoe Miss.
Here is your first link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/9ih86kg3s8mbcw6/ws_MistletoeMiss_1.zip?dl=0

1 comment:

KM said...

Sherry,

Thank you again for the papers and elements for Mistletoe Miss!

Your baby profile picture is adorable! Gotta love the hat. ;)

Regarding those papers your parents saved on all upgrades to their home: If it applies and they have the receipts for those repairs/upgrades save them as they will be able to reduce the capital gains associated with the sale of their house. Not sure how that all works in your state with nursing home/Medicaid.

Take care.

Kristy