Monday, April 12, 2021

More of Quirky freebie

Way late with this second zip but last week had several things going on. A dear friend, Wanda C died suddenly of kidney failure. She was a long time diabetic and had some other health issues but kidney disease had not been diagnosed to the best of my knowledge. Learned the news from my dearest friend and confidant, Sandy R, in a phone call. We were on the phone talking about this and also about Sandy's son and his family. The son's family had Covid very early on but recently developed it again. At this point the 3 children are doing well but both husband and wife have Covid pneumonia. Scary. Sending lots of prayers their way. Also had PT two days back to back. Definitely not the optimal way to do it but Medicare's rule that it must be one patient to one therapist and no one else in pool at same time has made scheduling a problem. Have to go Thursday and Friday this week. Posting tonight because I have my lunch group tomorrow and will follow that with a hunt for a new swimsuit as the one I'm using is getting worn.
Link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/4q5msidzp8in6go/2.zip?dl=0
BTW Magnoloa Gardens Scraps has a Tuesday $2 sale category now so you mightbe able to pick up some bargains. Link: https://www.magnoliagardensscraps.com/

3 comments:

KM said...

I am very sorry for the loss of your friend. You and her family are in my prayers for peach and comfort as well as prayers for the husband and wife for full recovery.
Take care of you.
Thank you for Quirky set.

Kristy

Mary said...

Very sorry for the loss of your friend. I will be praying for you and her family. The poor parents, that is a hard illness to battle and with little ones it certainly cannot be east. I had nurses quit if both parents were nurses, one quit because they had little ones and if one of them caught Covid and became very ill or even worse, then there would still be a living patient. A couple of the nurses have come back because of the vaccine, but now with the mutated virus and the vaccine not covering it, I may never get some of my nurses back. But thank you so much for the new part!!! Have a Blessed week!!!

SherryD said...

Thank you all for the kind comments and prayers for my friends. Going to call GA Thursday and check on things. One of the children, the oldest (10) has a rare disorder, something like dystonia (I'm sure Mary will know what I'm talking about) and has muscular problems along with speech and emotional issues (rather like an autistic child). Thank heaven, he is reacting little to Covid but the situation with his parents is terribly upsetting to him. Normally, Sandy (my bestie) would help the sitter with the kids in a case like this but she is in 70s and hasn't had even 1st Covid shot so can't see any of them.