Wednesday, April 14, 2021

Zip 3 of Quirky freebie

I left my own comment for yall under yesterday's comments. What a rough time we are all having! I'm worried about Kristy, who, if I remember correctly, lives up near where the troubles are happening in Minnisota. With the craziness that is erupting again after recent shooting, please be extra careful. What's really scary with all this racial unrest - shooting of Blacks, attacks on Asian-Americans etc. - is that summer isn't here yet. From my sociological training, I know violence escalates in hot weather, so I am not looking forward to rising temperatures in weather and people. We've all been restricted in so many ways for so long now, summer will not be pretty! Also, the lessening of health and safety restrictions has caused another upswing in Covid related illnesses. We really must do our part to help improve the health of all and beyond masks and clean hands, I believe making an effort to release a little more kindness and love into the world can only help. I'm about to head up to urgent care because Monday night as I was leaving the living room to go into the kitchen, I had a stumble that sent me flying forward. I managed to catch myself by reaching out with my left hand and grabbing the edge of the buit in bookcase, smacking my hand hard. No visible bruising and I could move my fingers so just expected a little soreness. But by last night I could see a lump (not soft and fluid filled) on the palm edge of my thumb and I've got pain radiating up my forearm. Probably nothing that can be done about it but after having so much trouble getting to sleep last night I think I'll have it checked. Off my soapbox now and on to a freebie.
Link:https://www.dropbox.com/s/80l7n4ri0b0m2xd/3.zip?dl=0 Akl Quirky links will expire May 1.

2 comments:

Mary said...

Sherry, I understand your concern. Cases are rising again in all states and it seems like it is the mutation of Covid, not the strain we have had for the last year. Also the concern is the vaccine they have now won't work against the mutations. So now what? I understand what you are saying about the heat. Most murders are done when the temperature is 92 degrees. If lower than that, that do not get mad enough to murder and if hotter than that, it is too hot. Sad we know things like this!!! I hope your hand and thumb are ok and maybe it is just a deep bone bruise!! Thank you for the next part!!! It is just beautiful!!!

KM said...

Hi Sherry. I am so sorry about your fall. Hoping for a quick recovery and full range of motion to return.

Thank you for your concern for my well being. We live in a suburb of Minneapolis and St Paul, 30 and 25 minute drive to the cities respectively. I was truly shocked to see our local Walmart boarded up in anticipation for all hell to break loose. The newest chatter is to take the protests to the suburbs, therefore, the proactive measures to ensure business safety. I will never understand destroying and looting others livelihood/businesses to make a point. There is nothing peaceful about these protests. This is so heartbreaking.

Off my soapbox now and wanting to thank you for the Quirky set. I really love the colors.

Take care of you and your hubbs.

Kristy