Tuesday, February 5, 2019

Road Trip Malaise & Art Nouveau Freebie

This past Saturday we drove (6 hours) down to Columbia S.C. to see our grandson, Tyler. He is a sophomore at University of South Carolina and shares a nice on campus apartment with his long time friend, Alec. The boys went to dinner with us that night, taking us to a place called Hickory Tavern where every wall has a line of flat screen televisions tuned to one or another sports channel. On Sunday, Tyler picked up my husband and took him over to the apartment to watch the Super Bowl with him, Alec, and Alec's girlfriend, Kady. My husband had brought supplies to make Italian hot sausages with peppers and onions for the kids and also chili cheese dip for taco chips. Since I don't care for football and I knew the guys would be carrying on loudly, I stayed at the hotel for peace and quiet. Kind of nice to nap whenever I wanted, read, play a match 3 game or solitare on my Kindle, or watch the 4 HBO channels the hotel furnished for free. I ate dinner when I felt like it (I'd prepared something at home and brought along to heat up), took a shower, wrote a little. Yesterday we made the return trip arriving around four in the afternoon. Exhausted! And I didn't drive at all. Today I still have what I can only call road trip malaise and haven't done anything useful.

Here now, running late putting up post for zip 11:
Link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/hjdptd8xcdng4ky/ws_AN_11.zip?dl=0

1 comment:

RB said...

Thanks Sherry So Many Gorgeous Colours This Kit Is Going To Be A Beauty Thanks So Much For Creating & Sharing :)x