Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Another thing accomplished and more of Chick Thing freebie

Today I had an appointment with the funeral home to do a pre-paid funeral for my father. It's one thing you can do that is included in a Medicaid pay down. Not to mention that it locks in most of the price and sure makes it easier when the time comes that the service is needed. It was really quite easy as I had gathered all the information they would need. Also, the gentleman had pulled the records of my mother's funeral so I was able to say we wanted something similar. And now whenever Dad dies that part will be easier. Also arranged to have his home phone service transferred to his room at the nursing home and put 240 minutes on his cell phone to hold him (I hope) until the phone is connected on Monday.

On a cheerier note, here is part 5 of Chick Thing:
Link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/jt39xvedb6deslx/ws_ChickThing_5.zip?dl=0
We do love receiving flowers, don't we? Roses may be cliche' but this chick (me, that is) loves them. Blush color is my favorite. I also love gardenias and the bush at my father's house was in bloom when I was there yesterday so I clipped a bunch. Took some in a bud vase to Dad today. And have a bunch in my living room. What a lovely smell. I'm going to try to root a piece to transplant into my yard. Had some success with that in the past but before I could plant it in the yard the plant failed.

Hope everyone had a nice Memorial Day weekend.

No comments: