Saturday, December 20, 2014

Holiday Treat Day 20 & Holiday Musing

It's a few days 'til Christmas, my house is a mess But Miss June's doing well. so I say "God bless."/ Some baking's been done, but no gifts have been wrapped. It's nothing like Christmases past./ I'd expect to feel down but I'm just too darn tired. I'll bake a few cookies then lie down to sleep. I'm sure all the cleaning is certain to keep./ The thing to remember in all of the rush is what's so often forgotten in the holiday mush./ Once a long time ago, God gave a gift. Not big in size but great beyond our belief./ He gave us His son as a baby so sweet. And as His son grew, we all came to know, that He'd come to save us./ And thus it is so that the true heart of Christmas is Love. So remember the precious gift from above and on Christmas and all days give the best gift of all and love one another both big and the small./
The first couple stanzas were running through my head as I tidied the kitchen so I decided to begin this note with them. The rest just grew as I typed. I know it's not a great piece of writing but I decided to share it with you anyway before I head in to make some Italian anise cookies. I hope your holiday preparations are going well and that all your plans come off smoothly. Today I have (yes) more papers for you:
Here's the link: http://www.4shared.com/zip/JVP5D3oPba/ws_HolidayTreat_papers_122014_.html?

2 comments:

Stacey said...

thank you so much for the beautiful papers! my house is a mess too - but the gifts that needed to be mailed are out and so that's a relief! those that truly love you don't come over because you have a clean house - and the nitpicker well too bad. I'm so glad Miss June is doing well and that's the important thing - dust bunnies will always be there and the minute you shoosh them away they start to creep back. I'm tired, but going to give it a rest tonight and will continue baking tomorrow.

MomOnceAgain said...

Your reminder is something we all need to remember - the reason for the season is Christ! Have a blessed holiday and thank you for all the freebies!