Saturday, September 18, 2021

Beach Chickens & Examples of recent challenges

There has been some interest in the digital art challenges I do so here are some examples from August. One popular challenge on Just Art is called Cock & Bull where we are given an old photo and have to make up a story to go with it. Here is mine:
For the Use It all challenge we are given a zip containing several papers and various elements from which to make a page. We can re-color the items, blend them but must use a certain number of them and can only add a title or wordart that isn't included.
And finally, my favorite challenge which is a Progressive. On 5 different days we are given instructions to interpret and gradually make a page. I love this challenge because it often requires using techniques or styles I might not otherwise use. Here is my August Progressive final page.
And now more Beach Chicken
Link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/yg1owgxc46piyuw/ws_BeachChicken_Ppr_3.zip?dl=0

2 comments:

tiscrea © - The Netherlands said...

Thank you again for this set, but just to let you know: I think zip 2 and 3 are the same. In Dutch beach chicken translates to strandkip and we have a lot of those! Even more nowadays, because there nesting sites are disappearing. Now they build nest on flat roofs (often under solar panels) and anywhere else they like really. It has become a bit of a problem in beach areas, but they are a protected species. I love the sound of seagulls, a sign of living near the coast, but even I thought last summer that i hoped they would should up or quiet down a bit :-))) Anyway. this set will help me to make a cartoon-like card with a few "strandkippen" talking to each other about those silly humans who keep feeding them and building houses where their cribs once stood :-D 🏖🏔 🙄🐣🐓😎

tiscrea © - The Netherlands said...

Oops, my mistake. Zip 2 and 3 are NOT the same. I need more coffee! 😳