Tuesday, September 14, 2021

Beach Chickens starts today!

Several people have asked where the term Beach Chickens came from. I really don't know. Seagulls have always been seagulls to me and I grew up going to the beach of Chesapeake Bay in Virginia. The birds have been ever present, just a normal part of living in this area. The only other names I've ever heard applied to them have been derogatory, such as "rats of the air." I didn't know what I was going to name the requested seagull kit until I came upon a sticker in a designer resource group. I thought it was cute, so downloaded the sticker (removed sticker outline) and decided to use it as the kit name. Like you, I was curious about where this nickname originated. So I googled it. The answer that best seems plausable came from the Urban Dictionary which suggests the term orginated with surfers, and it does sound sort of California to me.
Link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/yv42gmgcp2ra9eu/ws_BeachChicken_el_1.zip?dl=0 Link2: https://www.dropbox.com/s/mqph5ay36douxri/ws_BeachChicken_Ppr_1.zip?dl=0 The paper files are rather large, many of the backgrounds adapted from photos,

1 comment:

tiscrea © - The Netherlands said...

Thank you very much! :-))