Thursday, September 9, 2021

Bad news, note to new reader & more of cat kit

The bad news is personal. Tuesday into Wednesday in less than 24 hours I learned of the deaths of 4 people I knew. The youngest at 60 had a massive heart attack and died before anyone could reach him. The oldest at 91, a friend's mother, died peacefully in her sleep. My friend Steph's sister who had been fighting a rare neurological disorder for the last six years which left her mind trapped in a body that became more disabled over time, has mercifully returned to God. While she will be missed, there is some comfort in knowing her spirit is finally free. The fourth death, that of a friend's wife, a little younger than me, may have been senseless. The woman and her family refused to take the Covid vaccine. She died in the hospital on a respirator in pain. Her husband and grown daughter also have Covid and may not survive. It seems so senseless.
Note to new reader from Greece: I am sorry but I don't have a way for you to follow. I can tell you that I normally post on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday unless something prevents me from doing so. Also, the links are only good until the end of the month. I was happy to hear that the fires there are out. Wish we could say the same for those out in California. It has been a brutal summer and start of autumn.
Link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/poe4clctxsd8hy3/ws_MarmaladeCat_4.zip?dl=0

5 comments:

Maddy said...

What an awful week for you and those who have lost their loved ones. Thank you for finding the time to post amongst all the heartbreak. Sending best wishes.

KM said...

So very sorry to hear of the many losses of life of those you know. And, I agree, unvaccinated loss is hard when it may have been preventable. I realize vaccines are not a guarantee but it is a start. When we help ourselves we help others. I consider it my duty.
Thank you for the additional pieces to the cat kit!
Kristy

makeyesup said...

So sorry about all the sad news. The only thing to say is they are at peace and prayers are coming for all those left behind.

tiscrea © - The Netherlands said...

Thank you for this very cute set :-)

ike said...

OMGoodness - what a sad time you are having x
Thank you for the cat set.
Thanks for your response - I much appreciate it :-) I have added you to my Bookmarks list so I can pop in all the time x