Tuesday, June 8, 2021

Writing on Monday becauses I'll be at lunch with the girls tomorrow. Recently we've gotten shocks in the kitchen, somewhere there is a wire not properly grounded. So we asked an electrician to come out to figure out where the problem is, dreading the outcome. We hoped it was simply a receptacle problem. Nope. After checking through the kitchen and then the power box outside, the electician informed us that originally the power box had been inside the house and a previous owner had moved it outside. In doing so, some wire(s) got crossed or imroperly grounded. He needed to find the original box location. Guess where it is? In the second closet of the back bedroom. The room where all the junk has accumulated. Very carefully he made his way to the box and said, yes that was where the problem was. But to work on it, he needs safe passage into the room and the closet needs to be cleaned out so he can stand in it and work. It is a real disaster zone, I'm embarrassed to say. I have been putting off cleaning the room out for some time now. Just don't have the energy and am overwhelmed. Now, I'm going to have to tackle it if it kills me. Always something, isn't it? Sunday our grand-daughter, Larkin, turned 11. When we asked what she wanted for her birthday, she hesitated then said she would like Papa to make liver and onions for her! So he did and we are taking it over to her today. (she was at her Aunt's for the weekend.) The only other thing she mentioned was stuffed animals but she has more than enough. Recently she had asked me if I knew what my zodiac sign was as she had just learned she is Gemini. We had briefly talked about the associated birthstones and flowers, which gave me an idea for a gift. Her birthstone traditionally would be pearl and, as I'm sure you know, pearls - real or fake - must be carefully handled. Not the thing for a little girl who is going to constantly finger it. I learned that moonstone is the contemporary birthstone. It too isn't terribly hardy but should hold up better so I bought a sterling silver necklace with a triangular shaped rainbow moonstone for her. If you believe in the gemstone lore, it is a good choice. I just have to be sure she remembers to take it off to bathe. This month at Just Art our color challenge is blue. Here is my entry:
An now, zip 4 of Strawberry Girls. Link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ncihwrcfr4mpm28/ws_StrawberryGirls_4.zip?dl=0

2 comments:

Vicki said...

Thank you and hope all works out for you.

KM said...

Love your Just Art color entry. It is stunning. Wow.

Home repairs are never fun and made worse when you have work to do first! I recently went through our storage area to go through boxes I have stored for years. What worked for me was to have two colors of large bags, one was keep and one donate. When full 'donate' went to the garage and 'keep' was reboxed and labeled as to what was inside. Good luck to you and whatever works to aid your clean out.

Kristy