Saturday, August 10, 2019

Saturday freebie & some art journaling.

Yesterday I went out and bought the items I'd missed on Larkin's school supply list. Also got her a pair of jeans, cute denim look jeggings, black tights for under the red dress I'd bought and a pair of black leggings too. Had hoped to find a couple long sleeved tops but most of what I saw was tee-shirts and summery blouses. Our 'Lil Princess is skinny and often cold so I'll keep looking for some long sleeves as autumn heads our way. Once home, I labeled her supplies and bagged them all up so I can drop them off when we pick her up on the 15th. I was exhausted!

Resting up today, catching up on some art journal challenges. I'm a member of Vicki Robinson's FB art journal group and Just Art's forum. Most challenges come from Just Art. This month they have posted 14 challenges! Missed out on many last month but will try to do most this month. Here are a couple. The first was to use a quote about art. Choose from quotes listed or one you know of. Since Nobel Prize author, Toni Morrison, died August 7th and her work was one of my specialty areas in grad school, I decided to honor her. This is my first attempt which didn't feel very arty.
Here is my second attempt:

Next challenge was a Finish the sentence + one where the sentence was "Start every day with . . ." and the + 1 was to have a bird on the page.


Then we had to do a page using a provided mask, so I made a Marie Antoinette card for a friend:
That's a page from her last letter in background.

And now to Peacock stuff. You've probably heard the Greek myth about how the peacock got it's "eyes" in its feathers. Hera, the wife of Zeus and the queen of the Ancient Greek god, was unhappy with her philandering husband, so Hera transformed her guardian, Argus, who had a hundred eyes into a peacock to keep an eye on Zeus. The feathers of Argus were a mark of the beauty of heaven and the eyes represented the stars in the sky. This is why for the people of Greece the peacock represents heaven and its all mighty all seeing vision, wisdom, and knowledge.

Link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/u0jf80kc2o6dmh6/ws_PrettyPeacock_8.zip?dl=0

2 comments:

KM said...

Lovely tribute to Ms. Morrison.
Thank you for the Peacock series.

Kristy

Unknown said...

This is one of my favorite parts!!! Love the music note paper!!! Thank you so much for sharing!!!