Saturday, November 10, 2018

Saturday freebie

Hope you are having a nice weekend. We finally have some autumn weather but mixed in are a couple hot days. That's Tidewater. I got to the dentist, something I neglected while Dad was ill and in the aftermath. Knew it was going to be bad. For sure, I knew there was a molar with an old filling that had cracked and I'd need a crown there. Thursday had that started and have a temporary crown. Also painful jaw because I have TMJ and it always hurts after having to hold my mouth open for any length of time. The bad news is I need two more crowns; the good news is that one of them is for a tooth I thought I'd have to lose. It's a bicuspid that cracked years ago; the dentist I saw for that emergency didn't do a great job and it has been problematic off and on.

In other news, I finally went to the shooting range with my husband to try out the 22 handgun he had bought me for our anniversary. I don't like guns and didn't really want to mess with it but he got it for my self defense. Maybe he's right, as crazy as things are now and old as we are, we sure can't run from danger so if someone tries to break in and harm us, we should be prepared to defend ourselves. To our shock, I did very well at the target shooting! My only problem was difficulty pulling the slide back but we've fixed that now. He'll drag me to the range every now and then so I don't forget what to do. I hope I never have need to use it.

Here is today's zip of Autumn Elegance:
Nice and colorful, don't you think? Tomorrow while hubby watches football I'll have to get next week's zips together.
Link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/thgdnat1nbuyxcp/ws_AutumnElegance_13.zip?dl=0

1 comment:

KM said...

Hello Sherry.
Thank you so much for the beautiful fall files. Love the little fox! I need some fall as here in MN we have snow! The low one morning last week was 8 degrees. Waaaay too soon for that kind of weather.
I know how you feel about the gun. We have some of my husbands dads. I need to learn how to handle them correctly. Something I have been putting off. My church is very large and I know they have members who have conceal and carry that they use as discrete guards during services. Sad times we face.
To end on a happier note, I am have too many blessing to count in one day! A good thing in my book. Take care.
Kristy