Tuesday, May 8, 2018

Yes I know . . . more Deco Dandies freebie

It's Tuesday already and the week is flying by. Yesterday was rainy but I had errands to run. By the time I got back home, caught up on news with husband, it was time for me to cook dinner and then clean up. Spent some time with hubby then worked on Deco Dandies when I discovered I didn't, as I'd thought, have anything ready to post. Once I finished up yesterday's zip it was after midnight so I decided I'd just wait and post today. I'd gotten a little disturbed throughout the day because I had to relate the story of my brother's parting shots to another family member and it stirred up all those bad feelings again. I know I have to let it go. I know it is always better to choose love than hate. But I also realize that in trying to be kind and fair I was a fool. They say you can't be taken advantage of unless you let it happen, right? And yes, I resent Thom's treatment of me. I don't hate him, I'm just disapppointed and hurt that someone I thought cared about me certainly doesn't. I wish it was all over and I could just pretend he doesn't exist and move on. But I know I'll hear from him at least once since he will be eagerly awaiting his share of tax refund and will be calling to check on it. Fun, fun, fun.

But more than enough about that! Here is zip you should have gotten yesterday:
Aviation was a hot topic in the 30's and men, loving all forms of transportation, couldn't get enough of all things related to flight. (Why do I feel like I've said this before? Oh, maybe because of the airplane lamp?) Anyway, today you get an aviator figure, a globe, and some assorted elements, plus one paper.
Link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/rsvfr7mbv44evcv/ws_DecoDandies_10.zip?dl=0

By now, you know how I am - I get started on something and can't decide where to stop. Today's zip has elements for another masculine favorite in 1930s form - football! Couldn't reist including a couple of vintage photos of football players too.
One more paper and lots of football memorabilia.
Link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/tf98a2eqin5pos8/ws_DecoDandies_11.zip?dl=0

*** I'm getting ready to go out of town to see my son and may not be back to posting until 5/18 or later. It will be a new topic, just not sure what yet. Hope you all have a wonderful Mother's Day!

2 comments:

KM said...

Sherry,

May 8th my mom had an 8 hour surgery to remove her tumor. I have not had time to check your blog. Now I am concerned about you, as when I logged on to catch up there have been no updates from you.
Praying all is well with you and your family.

Kristy

SherryD said...

Kristy, I hope your mother's surgery went well. Does the doc think he got everything? I have been keeping you in my prayers and wondering how things were with your parents and how you are holding up. Sending prayers for your mother's recovery.

My brother called today while I was out and will be calling me later. I'm guessing it's about the tax refund. Such greed. Will do my best to stay calm and let him know the conditions under which he will get anything more.

Hugs,
Sherry