Thursday, May 24, 2018

More of Larkin's Dream freebie

Sorry I wasn't able to post yesterday. We had an afternoon appointment to pre-plan and pre-pay for our cremations. Both the man we met with and my husband are talkers. There was a lot of conversation before we got into the planning. I had gone to the website and downloaded an information sheet about what they would ask and filled in my info. Printed a copy for my husband, but he didn't see any point in filling it out since the man would be asking us questions. Eventually we got it all set up and it will be one thing my son and grandson won't have to deal with when something happens to us. Had a few other errands and next thing I knew it was time to make dinner. I fixed up some chicken breasts to roast, made four-cheese rissoto, and snap beans. By the time dinner was over and everything cleared away, I was worn out so I never got back to finish up the zip for yesterday.

Today I met a couple friends and we went to see The Book Club. Fun movie for those of us over fourty. Actually, think 60 somethings. I won't tell you much but will say I liked Dianne Keeton's story line best. For that matter, I liked her guy, Andy Garcia, best while Madelyn preferred Don Johnson. Shirley thought all the guys looked good lol. We followed the movie up with any early dinner at Slotzsky's Deli and sat around and talked a long time. Since I knew hubby would be at Inara's softball game and had arranged to make/buy his own dinner, I dropped into Target to find a pair of yoga pants and a sports bra. Most of the athletic pants they carry are marked "Tight," which is not for me. Finally found a nice cotton blend pair that are more relaxed. Think those will be fine but the athletic bra probably isn't going to work out. One of those racer back pull over the head type; I think it is going to be too tight. While in Target I started to get overheated, sweaty, weak in legs. Couldn't be low blood sugar so not sure what was happening. Maybe oxygen diffusion too low? Got out of there and sat in car with A/C running, sipping cold drink for a few minutes before driving off. All seems fine now, just tired. Anyway, here is part 3.

Returning to her room to dress for the day, Larkin finds clothes already laid out on the bed. But they are not her ordinary play clothes and she knows her mother and grandmother are still asleep. Who left these things? Is there going to be a costume party Larkin didn't know about? She wonders because, you see, what she has found waiting for her are clothes for a princess! Now Papa does call her Lil' Princess and she did dress up as a princess on Halloween but this isn't her costume, and that isn't the tiara Nonna bought her. Still, there must be a reason these things are here, so she gets dressed.
Link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/go8zxwj578h8mlf/ws_LarkinsDream_3.zip?dl=0

No comments: