Wednesday, May 30, 2018

A turn around day and freebie

Had yesterday all planned, I thought. Post was pre-scheduled (although I forgot to include fairy_2). I got up, had breakfast and showered and shampooed. Found I was running a few minutes late. Dressed, dryed hair, gathered up book for Shirley and item to be returned to Target. Knew where my swim bag was in the back room, just had to get past obstacles to reach it. Nearly ready to go and something made me check the swim bag. Everything there except - swimsuit! Looked where I thought it might be but I'd since re-arranged some of the dresser contents and couldn't spot it. Decided I'd head on out to lunch and just stop by house on way to workout center. Then I couldn't find my purse! Frantic last minute search and I thought I had it. That's right, thought I had what I needed. Only the purse fell over on it's side on the way and since the top was unzipped, I checked contents before going into restaurant in case anything important had fallen out. Good thing I did because I discovered that I had transferred the important contents, that is licsense, money, credit cards, etc. back into the small cross-body bag I've been favoring. I was so upset. Here I was late and no way to pay for lunch. Didn't want to ask anyone to loan me money so went in, handed Shirley book, said hello to all and hugged LaVerne for her loss, apologized for lateness and said I couldn't stay. A couple of friends offered to loan me money when they heard what happened but I hate to borrow from people, especially people I don't see often. Madelyn got up and hugged me saying she was sorry I was having a bad day. This from the woman recovering from breast cancer! Then Deb's husband, David, told me to sit down and stay that he'd pay for my lunch. (David usually drives Deb to meetings since she has Parkinson's.) He wouldn't take no for an answer, so I'll buy him lunch next month. Anyway, did me good to chatter with the ladies and give Deb some quilting pointers. We even decided on where we will meet the next two months.

Left Reginello's in better, calmer mind state. Stopped in Target and did fastest return ever. Popped into the house, found swimsuit amd went up to workout. Had the pool all to myself and exercised for an hour. It was so peaceful and I didn't overdo it.


As Larkin finishes her ice cream, she catches a glimpse of something white through the whisps of mist. "Is that . . . Oh! I think I saw a unicorn!" The purple fairy looks off in the direction Larkin points to. "Yes, there is one there. And lots more around too. Just wait 'til you see all the babies. They are so cute!"
Link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/czetmzvxwenaam3/ws_LarkinsDream_7.zip?dl=0

No comments: