Thursday, January 25, 2018

Snow Queen freebie and update on Dad

Nurse practitioner at the nursing home called today. Dad has ascites and it could be from congestive heart failure or kidney disease - both of which he has - or liver disease. Found both liver and spleen enlarged. Blood count very low - anemic. He was grumpy when she saw him and complained of back pain - arthritis? or kidney disease? She asked if I wanted her to put him thru a "million dollar" workup or just initiate "comfort care." No point in putting him thru all that testing as it isn't likely to make a real difference. So they will continue his regular meds, give him oxygen if he needs it, and start giving him Norco for pain when he needs it. He doesn't quite meet Medicare's rules for hospice yet and we think it best not to move him anyway. Called my brother to give him the update and learned that both he and his wife are down with the flu.

Today I have zip 17 of Snow Queen. It's a frame cluster and floral cluster.
Link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/fuaapsauwszkfji/ws_SnowQueen_17.zip?dl=0

I've been struggling with February kit(s). My guess is you will want romance/Valentines. But I haven't come up with a theme that inspires me. Red and pink are so commonplace as color schemes but most people seem to prefer those. Toying with idea of some blue and/or lavender but haven't made a decision. Have a folder going with ideas, colors, resources. I did notice I have some beautiful resources I bought from Jaguarwoman some time ago and have never used. If you are familiar with her work, you know she uses highly saturated colors, paints gorgeous roses, and her overall style is elegant, luxurious. So, you might just get a Romantic Luxury kit.

1 comment:

KM said...

I'm so sorry your dad is in failing health. Thank goodness for pain meds. I hope they are able to keep him comfortable.

Thank you for the Snow Queen clusters. They would be beautiful for winter wedding photos too.

I love any and shades of purple so I love the idea of adding that to the traditional Valentine colors. I am sure whatever you decide, it will be beautiful.

Take care of yourself.

Kristy