Saturday, January 13, 2018

It was a success! And Saturday freebie

Last night we had dinner guests: grandson, Tyler and his friends, Alec and Katie. My husband cooked them an Italian meal including homemade "gravy" (spaghetti sauce), hot sausages and homemade meatballs cooked in the sauce, rotini, manicotti and garlic bread. The young people devored several plates full and still had room for dessert. It pleases my husband so much when people like his cooking and there was no question it was enjoyed. Our young visitors stayed 3 or 4 hours, a nice visit before they head back to college tomorrow.

Football is not my thing at all but the nice thing about playoffs and Super Bowl for me is free time to myself. No one cares where I am or why I'm not keeping them company when football is on lol. Today I found time to finish the third set of fingerless mitts (I'm making some for my SIL and some of the women at the nursing home) and was able to create a new character for the Snow Queen kit. You will meet her soon. Meanwhile today I have zip 7 for you:
Link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/5wgytevpq50bby9/ws_SnowQueen_7.zip?dl=0

2 comments:

KM said...

I know many women who use their "football time" as you do. I absolutely love football, well the Mn Vikings at least. I do not miss a game and plan things around them. With the Super Bowl being hosted this year at our new Bank Stadium the hype is everywhere. The vikings stand a very good chance to play in the Super Bowl in their own stadium. My nails are purple and if we win the Super Bowl I will put purple streaks in my dark hair for a year, you'd have to look to see them but they will be there. ;) My husband thinks it's a hoot that is 5'3" 110 pound wife loves football.

It sounds like you had a lovey time with your grandson and family. I bet dinner was delicious. Enjoy your "Football Time". And, thank your for the Snow Queen items.

Kristy

Anonymous said...

I only got interested in football these past few years, and now you can't keep me away from the t.v. when our Patriots in MA are playing. They have won the playoffs 6 years in a row, so of course I am anxious to see the outcome for this year. We won yesterday, and next Sunday's game will be in our own stadium also--but I prefer to watch from home. More comfortable and warmer.

Thank you so much for the beautiful Snow Queen kit, it's fantastic and have lots of great elements also.

Happy that your night with grandson and his friends went along well. When my DH takes over the kitchen I appreciate every moment and every meal he may put together. At this time in life, I must admit that I don't enjoy cooking anymore.

On with my day-----------Bernie