Monday, January 22, 2018

Freebie_ more Snow Queen QPS

Had a nice visit with my God-daughter, Rachel, yesterday. We all enjoyed it so much she says she would like to start visiting every other Sunday. She's a tea drinker too so I loaded her up with samples of teas I have on hand and we talked about having a little tea party like we used to have. She even has my youngest neice drinking tea now but Kristina will only drink fruit flavored teas. Rachel came over after doing volunteer work at the Virginia Beach Aquarium and helped my husband with a computer problem. She will be graduating in May from Old Dominion University with a degree in marine biology. No talk of graduate school yet. She's eager to leave home and move out on her own.

Today Dad will be getting some bloodwork done. He has ascites (fluid buildup in abdomen) and the nurse practitioner found his liver to be enlarged when she visited last week. Had an ultrasound of abdomen and a chest x-ray done Friday. Will be getting a call this week when all results are in to tell me what the treatment plan is. Ascites can be caused by a number of things: congestive heart failure, advanced kidney disease, or liver disease. We know he has congestive heart failure and was at stage 3 of kidney disease. This is the first time I can remember any mention of liver problems. I saw him Friday and he appeared alert and wasn't in any pain, for which I am grateful.

Today I have a couple more quickpages for you:
Here is what I did with one of them:
Link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/5b5k7mmv0xy9g32/ws_SnowQueen_14.zip?dl=0

3 comments:

KM said...

Thank you so much for the overview. It helps so much with organizing my files. I can have them all together in one file with the overview as the picture on the file. It works great for me.

I don't find too many ladies who spell their name as your niece and I do, Kristina with a K. When at places of business where they look up your name in a system I have to say Kristina with a K as usually start spelling it with a C.

Praying for your dad. Am glad he is not in any pain and seems alert and aware of your visits.

Must go dig out from 13 inches of snow now!

Kristy

MomOnceAgain said...

What stunning quick pages - thank you!

I, too, am glad your dad is not in pain. I hope you get some answers. Blessings to you and yours!

(((hugs))

Scarette said...

This is very pretty. Thank you. I sure wish the best for Dad.