Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Nice Spring day & journal card freebie

Another lovely Spring day - lots of pollen but nice temperature. Managed to get a few things done
Waiting now to get info on local chapters to see which is best for me. Looking forward to making some new friends and having some fun. Most chapters meet twice a month but activites vary from one chapter to another - going out to lunch or tea together, going to movies, card parties, other events, even cruises! Today I stopped procrastinating and went and got my hair cut. It was about mid way down my back and looking straggly. I have baby fine hair and it just lays flat unless I have a perm. I'd taken to putting it in a ponytail more often than not because I just couldn't do anything with it. Today I just walked into a salon and got it cut to just below my shoulders with simple layers at the bottom. Saturday I'm going back for a perm. I'm thinking spiral perm as that usually does best. Need something that I can just finger comb out on bad days but can put electric rollers in on special occassions. I can't manage anything that's complicated because of bad discs in my neck and fibro. Fingers crossed that Saturday goes well. Years ago I had it done once and left salon looking like Bozo the clown! But that was back in the days I wouldn't insist on the stylist fixing the problem. I just went home and washed and conditioned it. At this point in my life, I won't settle so hope the stylist does a good job or I'll have to raise a fuss.
Just journal cards today. I've been working on some brushes made from vintage documents and plan to make some papers with them to share. Maybe tomorrow. Hugs! http://www.4shared.com/zip/NcaklVhGce/SherryD_journalcards2526.html?

1 comment:

Stacey said...

thanks for the pretty journal card! Glad you joined it sounds like a lot of fun and I hope you meet a lot of nice ladies! I hope your perm goes well. Wish I could afford to perm mine. My hair is long too, and the last time I went it cost me a fortune to perm. one of these days!