Wednesday, November 6, 2013

While I was cleaning I found

an old quilting booklet and on the cover was a lovely poem I'll share with you. "A Living Faith" - author unknown **** "I've dreamed many dreams that never came true - I've seen them vanish at dawn, But I've realized enough of my dreams _ to make me want to dream on./ I've prayed many prayers when no answer came - though I waited patient and long, But answers have come to enough of my prayers - to make me keep praying on./ I've trusted many a friend that failed - and left me to weep alone, But I've found enough of my friends true blue - to make me keep trusting on./ I've drained the cup of disappointment and pain - and gone many days without song, But I've sipped enough nectar from the roses of life - to make me want to live on." [sorry - wish there was a way to format text in blogger!] ********************************************************************************* To keep moving forward and be happy and strong, we need to have faith - in our God and ourselves. We need to keep dreaming so that we have goals to look forward to achieving. When we stop dreaming - however small the dream - stop finding something to look forward to - we can easily lose hope, let our faith vanish, and find life not worth the effort. We are all here for a reason. All of us are spiritual beings who are having a human experience. Sometimes that experience is painful but surely there's a reason - something to learn. Let your light shine! This week, do something nice for someone - a random act of kindness (RAK). You will also be doing something nice for yourself - you'll feel the connection to your best self.

1 comment:

Stacey said...

what an awesome poem! thank you for sharing. when real life gets you down, always good to remember the good then to dwell on the bad.