Thursday, January 11, 2018

The scent of Italian cooking is in the air & freebie

It's 61 degrees here today! Had a care plan meeting over at the nursing home and I was so happy to be able to go out in jeans and a tee-shirt. Saw Dad a few minutes, then went to care plan and told them not to make him get out of bed and come in. He can't hear what is going on, just knows we are talking about him. Nothing new but I got a chance to ask a few questions that have been worrying me. Turns out they will be able to do pain management right there when/if he starts having kidney pain. Or, if I prefer, I can transfer him to hospital hospice. Also talked to the activities director and offered her two bookcases from Dad's house and told her I will be bringing books to her for the residents. Also offered to help with craft supplies since I'm going to be trying to downsize some of my stash. Got his January bill paid, then went back and spent about an hour with Dad. When I got there, I found an old woman in her wheelchair in Dad's room with her hands tight on Dad's wheelchair and trying to move it. She wouldn't respond to me and wouldn't let me move the wheelchair back where it belongs. Had to get an aide to come in. The aide spoke to her nicely, telling her this wasn't her room or her chair and tried to move her away. Suddenly the woman started screaming "No! No!" which had other staff coming to see what was happening. We got Dad's chair away from her and moved her back to wherever she was supposed to be. Dad still asleep! He did wake up for awhile though.

Came home to learn our grandson and two of his friends are coming over for dinner tomorrow. My husband has been making spaghetti sauce, meatballs, Italian sausages to feed the kids. Smells so good!

Have been reading your comments and will definitely do some QPs for this kit and perhaps some templates too. Today we have zip 5 (I pictured using the big snowflake like a tag):
Link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ffg0brfguv3l8w8/ws_SnowQueen_5.zip?dl=0

1 comment:

KM said...

I have to say I just love this Snow Queen set! Thank you.
Good to hear your dad is up even if some lovely lady was trying to steal him away. Men in nursing homes are a novelty. Years ago my husbands grandfather was proposed to many times a month while living in a nursing home.
Woke up to -8 with -28 windchill. I like your 61 degrees.
Enjoy time with your grandson.

Kristy