Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Socializing & freebie

Had a full day of socializing - something rare for me any more. First, I went to lunch at Red Lobster with some ladies I had worked with at Optima Healthcare. It's been years since I saw any of them, having lost touch when I had to go out on disability. (I worked in financial recovery for some years after leaving VCU) I had run into one of them, a woman who had been my mentor when I started with the company, in Costco recently. We talked there for the longest time and exchanged phone numbers. She told me about a group that met monthly and asked if I would be interested in joining them. There were six woman and one husband (one of the ladies has Parkinson's and since it had started to snow, her husband felt it best to drive her). I knew 3 of the woman from years ago and the other two turned out to have interests in common with me. We were there for 3.5 hours! Catching up, discussing books and movies, and quilting and just about everything else under the sun. I haven't laughed so much in ages! Iam looking forward to the last Tuesday in February when we will meet again at a different place.

Came home in great spirits, snow flurries over and done. Only had about an hour home with husband before the two of us left to meet our niece, Rachel, out at the Hooters closest to her home. She and my husband had been talking about chicken wings last time she was here and he told her we'd give her a call and take her for wings one Tuesday after she left ODU. By the time we got out to Chesapeake it was freezing cold with a pretty good wind kicking up. We ate and hung out with Rachel for a couple hours. She decided she'd come over on Sunday and join her Uncle John to watch the Super Bowl. I'll sit with them a while then slip away when the noise gets too much for me.

Now, today's freebie, another frost overlay and paper, plus cluster and border.
Link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/8c4qe4r9zffunnp/ws_SnowQueen_21.zip?dl=0

No comments: