Tuesday, July 7, 2020

More of Lets Go Fishing freebie

Yesterday was our 24th wedding anniversary. My husband and a friend went fishing at 6:30 am but were home by about 10:00am. It was so hot and humid, my husband got nauseous and dehydrated. Only caught one pan size catfish which he released. Once home, he was trying to cool off and was feeling better when we both noticed it was getting hotter inside the house. The AC went out and it would be Wednesday before a tech could come out. That ended plans for the dinner I was going to make. We cut on all the fans in the house and tried to nap for awhile. I ran up to Arby's later for sandwiches and indulged in orange milkshakes for both of us. That helped cool us off. I'd gotten my anniversary gift early as had he. When we got married (we'd been previously married to other people), my son was in college and I was contributing to his education fund and his son moved in with us (he was in high school). The point is, I declined an engagement ring as it would be just another expense and choose a pretty floral wedding band. This anniversary I got a beautiful one caret diamond solitaire that goes well with my wedding band. What did he get? An assortment of fishing gear he ordered for himself.

Strangely, today the AC popped on (after blowing circuit breaker twice yesterday) so it is tolerable here. Still having tech come out.

Did you have a nice 4th of July? Very different this year. And the news is troubling - rise in Covid-19 in 40 states, and more racial unrest and violence.

But on to fishing.

Link:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cy8pt2rhgpkyfhh/ws_LetsGoFishing_4.zip?dl=0

2 comments:

KM said...

Happy Anniversary! I bet you new ring is beautiful. How lovely to receive that surprise.

Hope you get that AC fixed, yikes. Here in MN we are under an Excessive Heat Warning for today. High of 93 with feels like temp of 100 because of the high humidity. I can do dry heat but like your hubby high humidity and dewpoint can make me feel ill.

Take care.

Kristy

Mary said...

Sherry, I hope your AC is fixed!! It is too hot to not have air!!!

Happy Anniversary!!!

Thank you so much for the new part of the Fishing kit!!!