Saturday, July 4, 2020

Happy Independence Day! More Let's Go Fishing freebie

It is 3:00 a.m. here and I am about to head fro bed. Yesterday not as productive as I'd hoped but had the pleasure of visit from grandson and his fiancee. We fed them some barbeque sandwiches as my husband had made a big batch of pulled pork barbeque the other day. He makes it so well. Got to see a photo of Sally's wedding dress. It is so pretty and soft. Since the wedding will be outdoors next May, we talked about the best shoes for her to wear and other assorted wedding details. I'd been working on re-doing the linen closet and found a batch of new dish towels I'd forgotten about. (MY MIL used to give them to me all the time.) Passed on the towels and potholders, a lovely crystal platter I've only used once (we don't entertain much), a chafing dish I've never used, and one of those hot/cold pump thermoses. Got busy loading more items to Magnolia Gardens Scraps and have quite a variety of products in there now. Doing a 50% off sale today, ending on 7/7 but don't think it would interest any of you as it is mostly re-packaged stuff I've given away here on the blog. Been ages since I sold in a store and really just doing this guest spot to give my friend more variety.

Here is today's zip of the current kit:
Link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/gvcu3ddkamhuos3/ws_LetsGoFishing_3.zip?dl=0
For those of you who might go fishing on this holiday, I wish you good catches.

For those of us in the United states of America, this is Independence Day. It will be different than usual because of Covid-19 but maybe that is just as well. Gives us time to be grateful for the blessings of this nation, time to think about those Americans suffering from racial inequality, time to think of how we can heal the rifts in our nation. I do understand why the slogan, Black Lives Matter is being promoted. ALL lives matter and until all are treated fairly and equally, we must put attention on where those difference are. I am pleased to see Native Americans voicing their pain. Their position is, I believe, worse than that of Blacks. Did you know, for instance, that the Navajo Nation has been without aid for COvid-19 testing and resources? European invaders murdered and drove Native Americans off the ancestral lands, stripped them of rights to their own languages and much more. Slavery and the Trail of Tears (one of best examples) are in the past. People can topple all the monuments they want of people who were slave owners or in any imaginable way connected with the question of slavery. But destruction of art one finds offensive cannot destroy the past nor change it. Nor can rioting or destruction of property. What we need is a constructive way to move forward together. My prayer this 4th of July is that our nation can find a path to a truly united nation.

Have a good, safe weekend.

P.S. Anyone who wants to promote the slogan Native American Lives Matter! I'm all for that.

No comments: