Saturday, February 1, 2020

More Winter Frost freebie

Will have Larkin (granddaughter) with us today. She is looking forward to a lunch of Papa's Honey Barbecue Chicken Nuggets and some playtime with Nonna. We are going to surprise her by going to see the new Dr. Doolittle movie. Have to make sure she eats lunch early because she must have buttered popcorn and a cherry Icee at the show. Which means it will be difficult to get her to eat some dinner (making goulash) before we take her home. But they are only young once, right?

Today's zip:
Link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/cf8zivpnajnkeqs/ws_WinterFrost_3.zip?dl=0

And what are you up to at this time? I completed all but 3 of the January challenges at Just Art. Read the Kerry Lonsdale Everything series (a triology) and a few other books. Working my way through a book of short stories, The Bazaar of Bad Dreams by Stephen King. Still on a crochet kick, so much so that I just bought a wooden yarn bowl (tired of makeshift tucking a yarn ball into a tote bag stuff). Completed another doll poncho and hat and a skirt of my own design. Those will be party favors for Larkin at our Valentine's Tea. Also bought Valentine themed knee socks and short socks from Dollar Tree to try making doll leggings and a top from them. Currently crocheting a baby sweater for my pulmonologist's PA who is expecting her first baby (girl) in April. I'm using a vintage chevron pattern my Mom used to make a baby sweater for me, then one for my baby doll when I was older. I loved that doll sweater so much I asked her to make the pattern for my baby. Since Brittney (the PA) won't likely need a sweater for her daughter right away (and you get so many newborn things anyway), I'm making a 12 months size which should be about right when the weather turns cool again.

Aside from the fun stuff, I'm gathering tax information and am about ready to file taxes. Have to finish gathering documents to take to attorney for estate planning. Need to buy new mattress, have kitchen faucet replaced. Tuesday is MRI for lumbar spine and Thursday a follow-up with doc who did epidural. Thats the plan for February so far.

Stay warm and safe. You are a wonderful group of ladies!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the skaters!!! The trees are stunning!!! Love the iced branches!!!

I also have older knitting and crochet patterns that I just love!!! I found several patterns at an antique store and love making them for friends and family. I am just waiting on my daughter to finish college, meet the man of her dreams, of course after I have a background check on him... And give me grandbabies!! But I still several years to go!!!

Thank you so much for sharing!!!

KM said...

Enjoy your time with Larkin. Grandparents get to do fun things out of order with grandbabies. I'm sure that is in a handbook somewhere! I pray the Lord blesses me with a grandchild (see, would be happy with one and not the 3 I would love to have) some day. ;-)

Thank your for the figure skaters. I was a skater back in the day. My favorite sport to watch on weekends and of course during the winter Olympics. Winter Frost is a lovely kit. Thank you again for sharing your talent. And I can't wait to see your crochet project.

Kristy