Saturday, October 19, 2019

More Halloween freebie

Know that saying about one step forward, two steps back? That is what I am experiencing with my lower back. Got pain down to about 4 (out of 10 with 10 worst) and started moving around more but gingerly. Contrived a way to get some laundry downstairs (into garage) and got some stuff folded. Not bad Thursday night & cooler temps made sleeping easier. However, did have some numbness in left foot and left hand and forearm hurt all day. Friday morning one wrong movement (?) and back pain back up to 8. Supposed to be going for a drive over weekend to see a friend's entry at a car show and then up into mountains for apple cider doughnuts and apples. Not sure how that is going to work out. Monday have to be up early to go for EEG. Won't actually see neurologist 'til 11/1. To answer Kristy's question about special pillow for neck pain. I did have one years ago (after whiplash episode) but didn't find it too helpful, maybe because I'm a restless side sleeper? Will bet I'll be given another after doc sees tests results and hope it is useful. Will be certain to mention it if it is.

Feeling a little depressed and a bit frantic. Everything is such a mess here since I've been down so much. Next Friday we are supposed to make dinner (well, husband will cook) for grandson and his girlfriend in celebration of his 21st birthday on 10/27. The month is flying by and I also need to get things ready for Thanksgiving as son & DIL will be here. Usually I am well along with Christmas shopping too but thus far I've made a twin size velvet crochet blanket for Larkin, bought her one outfit, one book for son and that is it! Except, husband wanted a camera for Christmas and found a good deal so bought it. It has already arrived and, naturally, he has "tested" it.

Today we have zip 7
Link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/nu7qxo639lxehhe/ws_HalloweenTreat_7.zip?dl=0

2 comments:

KM said...

Good morning! Back problems are the worst!! I hope you are able to find answers and relief. I too am a restless side sleeper so I would love to hear if docs/therapists recommend a specific pillow. Thank you.

Have you tried having family create Amazon Wish Lists? Family/friends create their list from Amazon and non Amazon items. You view their list and can order any items to be delivered to you or another address. Gift receipts can be included. Done! My husband only shops this way. ;)
(Sorry for ramble if you already do this.)

-Kristy

Scarette said...

Would some kind of brace or back support be helpful at all?
Years ago my mother had a lot of trouble with vertebrae in her upper back. She used to wear a soft collar/brace around her neck even when she went to bed. She had surgery and that seemed to help a lot.