Tuesday, July 3, 2018

It's July already? Memphis 80s freebie

This year seems to be flying by, which might be good considering things that have happened. Summer heat makes it difficult to be motivated to do much. Keeping up the pool exercises, although last week I had to force myself to walk out the door and this week will be a change in schedule because of holiday. Working on coming up with a housekeeping routine I can stick with and getting ahead on some of the mess that accumulated during the past year. It's overwhelming but I must get things back to "normal" so I have more time and space to do things I want to do. Like breaking out that new sewing machine. Would like to make some bed runners for Christmas gifts and I also want to get back to crazy quilting. Have a couple CQ projects in mind.

Today what I have for you is
Turns out I went heavy on skating/skate-boarding.
Link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/bell5w6ql51bzvg/ws_Memphis80s_7.zip?dl=0

Thinking of Independence Day tomorrow or, as we tend to say now, The 4th of July. I was looking at some old photos of how people used to celebrate. Parades and picnics, sure. But they really went all out in the past. Bystanders as well as parade participants dressed up. In the days when towns were smaller and there was usually a park or common green in town, there was usually a gazabo or bandstand where a band would play patriotic music while you ate your picnic lunch. Often there were games to keep the kiddies occupied and families might lounge around together on blankets or quilts spread on the grass and chat with neighbors until the skies darkened and the fireworks display began. Some, maybe all, of these things still happen today somewhere across the country. Thought I'd share some of the old photos I found on line.



No comments: