Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Lexi & Madison go shopping in Sleep Over freebie

Miserable rainy day and I've got a doctor appointment. Have to call my primary doc too because left shoulder pain worse. Can't lift arm above shoulder level without pain. Must be bursitits acting up and need some cortisone. Not much else happening here. Just sold the Blazer I bought form my Dad some years back. Grandson really wanted it and since we'd already given him my husband's Chrysler 300 which was in great shape, we decided we weren't going to give him a second car. He sold the Chrysler to buy the Blazer from us (we didn't charge much). He is happy as can be and I'm happy to be rid of a third vehicle. Plus, my husband convinced me to buy myself a new laptop. My old one still works but it's a refurbished business model running on Windows 7 and it is heavy as lead so I never take it anywhere. I was feeling guilty about my purchase but hubby reminded me I'd be paid for the Blazer and that would pay for the laptop and even leave a little profit. Guess that will go into a laptop bag and whatever else I'll need.


The day of the sleep over arrives and Lexi and her Mom pick up Madison before lunch time. After loading her overnight case in the car, they head to a favorite deli for a lunch of chicken salad sandwiches and peach iced tea. Then it is off to the mall. The girls have their allowances and babysitting monies with them and are eager to do some shopping. First stop is at Just Beautiful!, a supersized beauty store that carries products from around the world, has a skin care clinic, makeup services, and a full service hair and nail salon. Lexi's Mom has appointments for a haircut and mani-pedi. This gives the girls about 2 hours to shop before meeting up with her again. Just before the girls leave her, Mom gives each a gift card to use at Just Beautiful! She says it is to thank them for all the help they gave her with the past week's rummage sale at church. The girls squeal in delight and shower Mom with hugs and kisses.
It doesn't take long before Lexi and Madison have located and bought their favorite perfumes: Midnight Moods for Lexi and Plum Passion for Madison. They explore their favorite places in Just Beautiful! then move out into the mall to explore other favorite haunts.
Link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/995jqlhwioz2ja1/ws_SleepOver_4.zip?dl=0

No comments: